To achieve full equality for all LGBTQ+ people, Silver State Equality is committed to endorsing and supporting openly LGBTQ+ and pro-equality candidates — up and down the ballot — who will fight for civil rights and social justice.
Silver State Equality endorses viable candidates running for local, state and federal offices who have a proven track record of supporting equal rights and legal protections for LGBTQ Nevadans and who are committed to advancing these goals in their capacity as elected officials.
President of the United States
- Joe Biden
United States House of Representatives
- Congressional District 1: Dina Titus
- Congressional District 3: Susie Lee
- Congressional District 4: Steven Horsford
- District 1: Pat Spearman
- District 6: Nicole Cannizzaro
- District 11: Dallas Harris
- District 8: Jason Frierson
- District 16: Cecelia Gonzalez
- District 20: David Orentlicher
- District 29: Lesley Cohen
- District 40: Sherrie Scaffidi
- District 41: Sandra Jauregui
- Reno City Council, At-Large: Devon Reese
- Sparks City Council, Ward 1: Wendy Stolyarov
- Washoe County School Board Trustee, District D: Kurt Thigpen
- West Wendover Mayor: Daniel Corona
BOLD indicates openly LGBTQ+ candidate
Except in rare circumstances, Silver State Equality only endorses exceptional LGBTQ candidates in local races with the goal of supporting the careers of exceptional leaders in our community to build a bench of strong candidates for higher office.
In races for State Assembly and Senate, United States Congress and Senate, and Nevada statewide offices, Sivler State Equality considers endorsement of all candidates that meet our screening and endorsement criteria.
Silver State Equality conducts field research to determine candidates’ records on LGBTQ equality and social justice and will extend invitations to participate in the endorsement process based on past record, viability, and Silver State Equality priority considerations.
Endorsement by Silver State Equality requires completion of a candidate questionnaire and candidate interviews. Candidates who are interested in our endorsement should contact André Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible to inform us of your candidacy.
Key Candidate Considerations
- Candidate must be 100% in support of LGBTQ equality to be considered for endorsement.
- Candidate must be viable and able to run a competitive campaign.
- Candidate’s prior depth of work in support of full LGBTQ equality is a key factor.
- Is the candidate openly lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer/questioning?
- Will endorsement diversify and expand support for LGBTQ equality and social justice?
- NOTE: A candidate who is not 100% in support of full LGBTQ equality is not eligible for endorsement.